Oh my goth!
Black Friday ain’t what it used to be, but plenty of people still go mad for markdowns at local stores (?!). In honor of our absurd national “shop and shove” day, ten questions about the hue so dark, it’s basically a non-color.
For answers, click over to page 23 of The Local’s November edition — or pick up your own copy for free at area shops, cafes, libraries, etc. Or pop by our office at 245 W. Chelten Avenue, open weekdays 10am to 2pm (and there’s always a full box of papers out front). Thank you for supporting free, independent press!
Now let’s take a moment to stare down the void…
- The inspiration for this quiz, the term “Black Friday” originated in which northeastern US city?
- Containing “Dirt Off Your Shoulder” and “99 Problems,” which rapper’s The Black Album debuted at number one on the Billboard 200?
- A brief viral sensation in 2011 for her song “Friday,” which YouTube singer’s name fits the category?
- In the Men in Black film franchise, what letter agent does Will Smith play?
- A legendary monster, which Pokemon is on the cover of Pokemon Black?
- Winners of 3 Rugby World Cups, which Pacific Island nation’s national rugby union team is called the All Blacks?
- Thanks to going first, which has a proven statistical advantage in chess – White or Black?
- Ushering souls into the afterlife, which Ancient Egyptian god of the underworld was associated with the color black?
- Finally captured on film for the first time in 2019, what is the name of the region of spacetime where gravity prevents anything, including light, from escaping?
- A hex triplet is a six-digit, three-byte hexadecimal number used in web coding to represent colors, which has a range of values from 00-FF. What’s the hex triplet for black, the darkest color?
Find the answers in the back of this month’s Local newspaper — just flip to Missed Connections and there’s a little box in the lower right-hand corner. Click over to the answers here!
While you’re at it, we’d sure love it if you’d read the rest of the paper too and let us know what you think in the comments below. Some great articles this month, including new shared content with WHYY and Billy Penn! Feel free to throw down any suggestions for future Quizzo themes and special events, as well.
TRIVIA FANS: Sean’s not just the area’s most popular QUIZZO host, he’s also one of the most prolific! His games are a fun mix of newbies and die-hard regulars — with teams competing for various prizes (including bar tabs in some cases!).
Come out for an evening of laughs and surprises.
- Wednesdays (7:30-9PM)
Punch Buggy Brewing Company
1445 North American St.
- Thursdays (7:30-9PM)
Wissahickon Brewing Company
3705 W. Schoolhouse Ln.
Fun Fact: Sean can customize a QUIZZO for your business, your family, your friends — great for parties but just as fun remotely for team-building, fund-raising, ice-breaking…. Learn more about Sean’s personalized trivia games on his website seanpmaguire.com. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.