A trivia decathlon of Olympic proportions.
The Olympic Games are closing August 8. Test your “medal” with these ten questions about Olympic cities. For answers, click over to page 23 of The Local’s August edition — or pick up your own copy for free at area shops, cafes, libraries, etc. Thank you for supporting free, independent press!
LET THE GAMES BEGIN……..
- The same country but not the same city as the ancient Olympic Games, which Greek city hosted the first Olympics in 1896, but not again until 2004?
- The latest to join the ranks, which Japanese city hosted this year’s Olympics?
- Hosting the summer games in their winter, which Brazilian city is home to “Christ the Redeemer,” a 98 foot tall statue of Jesus standing on a 26 foot tall pedestal?
- The first city to host both the summer and winter Games, which Chinese city was recently awarded the 2022 Winter Olympics?
- Home to the 1992 Olympics, which Spanish/Catalan city is also the club home of gold medal-winner Lionel Messi?
- Hosting in 1996, what was the last American city to host the Summer Games?
- Home to Gangnam Style, Samsung, and 2 of the guys from BTS, which Korean city was also the site of the first Games held after reciprocating boycotts?
- Also the site of a hockey miracle, which 1980 host city is also the closest the Olympics have come to Philadelphia geographically?
- One of my favorite cities in the world, which 1936 host would later be split in two by a wall?
- Also the only city to host the Summer Games three times so far, the last time the Olympics were postponed/cancelled was in 1944, hosted by which major British city that got the crud bombed out of them?
Again, you’ll find the answers in the back of this month’s Local newspaper — just flip to Missed Connections and there’s a little box in the lower right-hand corner. Click over to the answers here! While you’re at it, read the rest of the paper too and let us know what you think in the comments below. Feel free to throw down any suggestions for future Quizzo themes and special events, as well.
TRIVIA FANS: Sean’s not just the area’s most popular QUIZZO host, he’s also one of the most prolific! His games are a fun mix of newbies and die-hard regulars — with teams competing for various prizes (including bar tabs in some cases!). Come out for an evening of laughs and surprises.
- Mondays (7:30-8:30PM)
The Rook Manayunk
4001 Cresson St.
- Tuesdays (8-9PM)
326 Roxborough Ave.
- Wednesdays (7:30-9PM)
Punch Buggy Brewing Company
1445 North American St.
- Thursdays (7:30-9PM)
Wissahickon Brewing Company
3705 W. Schoolhouse Ln.
Fun Fact: Sean can customize a QUIZZO for your business, your family, your friends — great for parties but just as fun remotely for team-building, fund-raising, ice-breaking…. Learn more about Sean’s personalized trivia games on his website seanpmaguire.com. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.