Superbowl, schmuperbowl. Let’s go Birds in 2022!!
Super Bowl LVI is February 13th this year and the Eagles shocked just about everybody by sneaking into the playoffs (even if only for a hot minute). In honor of exceeding expectations and giving us hope for next season, a round about the Eagles.
For answers, click over to page 23 of The Local’s February edition — or pick up your own copy for free at area shops, cafes, libraries, etc. Or pop by our office at 245 W. Chelten Avenue, open weekdays 10am to 2pm (and there’s always a full box of papers out front). Thank you for supporting free, independent press!
Now let’s put your home team knowledge to the test….
- Beating the reigning Super Bowl champions, which NFC South team won the Super Bowl last year?
- A better score and a bigger bird than a “birdie”, an eagle in golf is how many strokes under par?
- One of the last mall brands still standing, which over-priced preppy clothing company that fits the category has over 900 stores in the country?
- Most famous for being on stage during the 2015 terrorist attacks in Paris, which band that fits the category doesn’t actually play the type of music in their name?
- Nowadays used to announce any successful arrival, the quote “the eagle has landed” was popularized by Neil Armstrong from which spaceflight?
- Nicknamed Oppy, which Mars rover completed its mission and came to rest in Eagle Crater on the Meridiani Planum 14 years and change after initial plans?
- The Bald Eagle, the national bird, is native to 49 of the 50 states. What state is the only one to not have bald eagles?
- Best known for his disciplined manner and ultra-patriotism, which Muppet was the self-appointed censor on The Muppet Show?
- Though I’m not sure why the main characters didn’t just ride them the whole time, Eagles were a key method of transit in which fantasy film/book series?
- Preferring to get into a fight with a cabby rather than listen to them, which Coen Brothers title character “hate[s] the fuckin’ Eagles, man?”
Find the answers in the back of this month’s Local newspaper — just flip to Missed Connections and there’s a little box in the lower right-hand corner. Click over to the answers here!
While you’re at it, we’d sure love it if you’d read the rest of the paper too and let us know what you think in the comments below. Some great articles this month, including an alternative gift guide to surprise and delight even the most hard-to-impress friends and family. Feel free to throw down any suggestions for future Quizzo themes and special events, as well.
TRIVIA FANS: As the area’s most popular QUIZZO host, Sean entertains regular crowds of newbies and die-hard regulars — with teams competing for various prizes (including bar tabs in some cases!).
Come out for an evening of laughs and surprises.
- Wednesdays (7:30-9PM)
Punch Buggy Brewing Company
1445 North American St.
- Thursdays (7:30-9PM)
Wissahickon Brewing Company
3705 W. Schoolhouse Ln.
Fun Fact: Sean can customize a QUIZZO for your business, your family, your friends — great for parties but just as fun remotely for team-building, fund-raising, ice-breaking…. Learn more about Sean’s personalized trivia games on his website seanpmaguire.com. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.