Do you know what I know? Test your knowledge with Sean’s ho-ho-holiday movie trivia!
See how far you get with these Christmas-movie themed questions by the neighborhood’s favorite QUIZZO host, Sean Maguire.
- What magical item brings Frosty the Snowman to life?
- In A Christmas Story, what’s the toy that Ralphie wants for Christmas but can’t have because everyone says he’ll “shoot [his] eye out, kid”?
- When the Grinch gives the people of Whoville their presents back, how many sizes does his heart grow?
- Which modern day classic film features Andrew Lincoln’s character expressing his love for Keira Knightley’s character via cue cards and a boombox?
- In the modern-day classic Elf, what song does the crowd sing to raise the Christmas Spirit and power Santa’s sleigh?
- Randall Peltzer buys a Mogwai as a Christmas present in Gremlins. What three instructions is he instructed to never break?
- George Bailey considers ending it all in It’s a Wonderful Life, but his guardian angel shows him what the lives of his friends and family would be like without him. What’s the name of the guardian angel?
- Miracle on 34th Street is about a Santa working in what department store claiming to be the real Santa?
- In the late 90s TV movie Olive, the Other Reindeer, what type of animal is the titular character?
- In the eternal classic Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, what’s the name of the winged lion leader of the Island of Misfit Toys?
For the answers, pick up a copy of this this month’s Local newspaper — free at various locations in East Falls, Germantown and Allegheny West. Or click here to view the digital copy (flip to the inside back cover aka page 23).
TRIVIA FANS: Sean’s not just the area’s most popular QUIZZO host, he’s also one of the most prolific! His games are a fun mix of newbies and die-hard regulars — with teams competing for various prizes (including bar tabs in some cases!). Come out for an evening of laughs and surprises… you know, when the COVID restrictions have lifted.
(12/8, 12/15 & 12/22, 8-9:30PM)
Murphy’s Irish Saloon – 3333 Conrad St.
(12/3, 12/10 & 12/17, 8-9:30PM)
Wissahickon Brewing Company – 3705 W. Schoolhouse Ln.
(12/2, 12/9, 12/16, 12/23 & 12/30, 6-7:30PM)
Evil Genius Beer Company – 1727 N. Front Street
(12/9 & 12/23, 8-10PM)
Tio Flores – 1600 South Street
(12/2, 12/16 & 12/30, 8-10PM)
Wine Dive – 1506 South Street
In the meantime, check out Sean’s Virtual QUIZZO, which has been a real lifeline for many this year while also raising funds for local causes. Monday December 14 & 28 (6:30 – 7:30pm)
Fun Fact: Sean can customize a QUIZZO for your business, your family, your friends — great for parties but just as fun remotely for team-building, fund-raising, ice-breaking…. Learn more about Sean’s personalized trivia games on his website seanpmaguire.com. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.