In honor of our new Prez, a lightning round about the First State*
*in 1787, Delaware became the first of the 13 original states to ratify the US Constitution (and in 1973 first elected Joe Biden as senator).
Enjoy this Quick Quizzo Fix for January at your convenience. For answers, click over to page 23 of the Local’s January Edition — or pick up printed copy for free at various locations in East Falls, Germantown and Allegheny West.
How “Del-Aware” are you? Ten questions, GO:
- Which former Vice President once explained his whereabouts by saying he “had a successful dump!”?
- Hailing from Wilmington, which actress played April Ludgate on Parks and Rec and Lenny Busker on Legion?
- Later marrying (and divorcing) Reese Witherspoon, which actor was on One Life to Live and I Know What You Did Last Summer?
- Once married to one of the greatest guitarists of all time, which actress rose to fame as Barbara Cooper Royer on One Life to Live?
- Best known for the songs “Move It On Over,” “Who Do You Love?”, and “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer,” which guitarist fronted a band called the Delaware Destroyers?
- Calling Wilmington his first home outside of Jamaica, which reggae icon later went on to write such songs as “Buffalo Soldier” and “No Woman No Cry”?
- Widely considered the best WNBA player right now, which University of Delaware graduate stays at home to take care of her sister instead of playing overseas in the off-season like most of her teammates?
- Caesar Rodney, the guy on the DE state quarter, is rushing by horse to which city?
- Featured in a 2009 documentary and later a Discovery Channel series, which brewery headquartered in Delaware is known for their popular brews 90 Minute and 60 Minute IPAs?
- Students in Wilmington once held the record for the world’s tallest LEGO tower, which stood over 113 feet tall. How many LEGO bricks did it take to build that tower?
Remember, you’ll find the answers in this month’s edition of The Local newspaper (inside back cover). Thank you for supporting independent community news!
TRIVIA FANS: Sean’s not just the area’s most popular QUIZZO host, he’s also one of the most prolific! His games are a fun mix of newbies and die-hard regulars — with teams competing for various prizes (including bar tabs in some cases!). Come out for an evening of laughs and surprises… you know, when the COVID restrictions have lifted. Till then, check out his Virtual QUIZZO game (for listings, see his webpage & social media).
Murphy’s Irish Saloon – 3333 Conrad St.
Wissahickon Brewing Company – 3705 W. Schoolhouse Ln.
Evil Genius Beer Company – 1727 N. Front Street
Tio Flores – 1600 South Street
Wine Dive – 1506 South Street
Fun Fact: Sean can customize a QUIZZO for your business, your family, your friends — great for parties but just as fun remotely for team-building, fund-raising, ice-breaking…. Learn more about Sean’s personalized trivia games on his website seanpmaguire.com. Follow him on Facebook and Instagram.